News & Events
RAP Community News
The RAP Newspaper
RAP provides a monthly digital newsletter to their members. This enables us to communicate with you in a more timely and efficient manner. If you want to stay on top of the news, events and developments impacting your neighborhood, please share your email with us.
Please enjoy some of our previous newsletters!
State of Florida Grant Helps Restore 100 year old Building
Sneak Peak: 5 Points Concept Plan at RAP Annual Meeting
March 2014: Night Trolley, Riverside Cleanup, and Home Tour News
February 2014: RAP Annual Meeting and Important Neighborhood News
January 2014: Night Trolley, St Johns Village Update and FDOT Bridge Expansion
December 2013: Riverside Avondale’s Holiday Tradition
November 2013: Wine Down Before Winter
October 2013: FALL-in Into Riverside Avondale’s BIG Plans
September 2013: Hitch A Ride, TROLLEY Style
August 2013: GoLO: Beat the TAX HEAT Before School
July 2013: Holiday STAYCATION in Riverside Avondale
June 2013: Flags, Fathers, and the Summer Sun
May 2013: Prohibition is Back! May 18—Sneak some Hooch at the Bootlegger’s Ball COUNT DOWN to Bootlegger’s Ball
April 2013: NO APRIL FOOLS: Sneak a Peak in Your Neighbors’ Home!
March 2013: GREEN is for Clean, Dog Park, Garden, & St Patty’s Day
February 2013: Date Night with RAP
January 2013: We Survived the End of the World
December 2012: Jingle and Mingle
November 2012: Dog Park, WineFest, and Meow Mews
October 2012: Neighborhood Oktober Extravaganza! Director’s Notes: Dog Park Survey
Sept 2012: Large Scale Development
Aug 2012: Visual Pollution Inventory Director’s Notes: New RAM Director
July 2012: Beautify the Neighborhood
June 2012: Buckland House Restoriation
May 2012: Restore Jacksonville Conference
April 2012: Spring Tour of Homes, Bootleggers Ball and Restore Jacksonville
March 2012: Best Buildings in Florida, 38th Annual Home Tour, Update on RAP’s Feral Cat TNR Program
February 2012: RAP Annual Meeting, Bike Sharrows, Guide to Right-of-Way Permits
January 2012: Urban Agriculture, RAP Awards Nominations, West JAX Rotary Honors Jerry Spinks
December 2011: Luminaria, Tips on Saving Energy This Winter, Restore Jacksonville Conference Announcement
November 2011: Remembering Jerry Spinks, Launch of Feral Cat Program, Weater-Stripping to Stop Air Infiltration in Windows
October 2011: 2nd Annual Oktoberfest at RAM, Spotlight on Riverside’s own State of the Re:Union, Sustainability: Passive Strategies for Heating and Cooling
September 2011: Proposed Riverside Dog Park, Buckland House Restoration
August 2011: Tour of The John Gorrie, Weathering the Storm: Hurricane Preparedness for Historic Homes, Urban Agriculture
July 2011: Researching Your Historic Home, The Art of Beer at RAM, Breakfast Workshop on Marking Historic Properties Accessible
June 2011: Insuring Historic Homes, Neighborhood As Art Exhibit at The Cummer Museum, Preservation Month Recap
May 2011: Rap Is Growing and New Tools to Promote Old Neighborhoods
April 2011: RAP’s Spring Tour of Homes and How to Plan a Renovation
March 2011: JEA Tree Trimming and a Home Tour Sneak Peak!
February 2011: Stockton Street Makeover and Riverside Park Pond Improvements
- August-September 2009 [PDF] – Police Resources in district stretched thin; Behind the scenes at RAM; Replacing driveways; Escaping the heat; Planning for hurricane season; the Dogs of Avondale; and RAP organizing Neighborhood Watch Groups.
- June-July 2009 [PDF] – Preservation Commission honors Kay Ehas; “Stellalina” wins Florida Trust award; RAP signs and sidewalk pavers; Boone Park tennis facility; Willowbranch footbridge; RAP working to improve safety in the district; Meet RAP member Josephine Jackson; and Scenes from the Spring Home Tour.
- April-May 2009-Part 1[PDF] – The Spring Home Tour; RAM opens; Volunteer opportunities; Proposed community garden in Willowbranch Park; and Possible Roselle closure; and Part 2 – Sketching the perfect Saturday; Celebrate this place; The Brintons paint the town; Buckland House door restoration; High-density rezoning for Gorrie site; 2009 Preservation award winners; and JOI Riverside sponsor home tours.
- February-March 2009 [PDF] – The Riverside Arts Market is a Go; RAP annual meeting; Weavers purchase John Gorrie School; Rosselle Street closure nearing City Council vote; Reforestation project underway; Buckland House window restoration; Time to check for termites; Meet RAP member Bill Leuthold; and Memories of Luminaria ’08.
- December 2008 [PDF] – Luminaria; Residents protest pruning of trees; Strategic Planning update; LUZ denies vinyl siding appeal; RPDS students publish children’s book about Jacksonville; Whiteway Deli moves to new site; and Meet RAP member Dr. Nina Garas.
- June-July 2008 [PDF] – RAP’s new website; Oak Street Realty spotlight; The Amazing (Girl Scout) Race; Riviera Parkway rezoning update; RAP Home Tour recap; Tara Fleck spotlight; and Jacksonville Historic Preservation Commission Award Winners.
- March-April 2008 [PDF] – The 34th Annual Tour of Homes; Introducing Carmen Godwin; Water Conservation tips; George Carlson & The Journey; RAP’s 34th Annual Meeting; and Fast Facts about Exterior Painting.
- January-February 2008 [PDF] – A celebration of Bonnie Grissett; Neighborhood watches; A Sense of Place; Water supply and the St. Johns; Cummer Museum exhibit; and Fast Facts about Building Inspections.
- December 2007 [PDF] – Luminaria Festival and FAQs; Ed Pratt; Christmas in Avondale; Replacing old faucets; St. Paul’s Church; Riverside Avenue Children’s Art Center; Restore Jacksonville a success; Festive holiday recipes; and Riverside Avondale holiday traditions.
- September-October 2007 [PDF] – The Restore Jacksonville Conference; RAP at work in your neighborhood; Why COAs are necessary; Shopping locally; and Restoring old gardens.
- August-September 2007 [PDF] – COAs for renovations and new construction; the very green Jenks House; John Ursay’s gardens at 3420 St. Johns Avenue; Satellite dishes in the Historic District; Repairing plaster cracks; Fruit recipes; and extensive information about the 36th Annual Arts Festival.
- June-July 2007 [PDF] -Wood window workshop; Brown Brothers BBQ; Summertime gardening; Farmer’s Market recipes; and the Peacock Condominium’s gardens.